RSS

Putting My Face On: Windows to the Soul

My Gram calls applying makeup putting her face on. I decided to call my cosmetic blogs just that. I love flashes. My favorite mascara is Diorshow. It's so serious. My lashes are already pretty full and kind of long...so all I need is some mascara and I'm good. I don't rock too much eye makeup as of lately because I wear glasses most of the time. When the contacts are in, it's on.

White eyeliner... I hate to see chicks with the eyeliner on their upper lids. It looks like white out and it's tacky. Not to mention, it's shows the hood herd mentality when it comes to fashion. I understand trends but people got outside looking just alike even the makeup. I couldn't find a good pic of what I was looking for but this is pretty close.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There are ways to do it right. It took the reigning queen of eye makeup to get it right. I really wonder who does Kimmy K's makeup because she always have the most on point eye makeup. White eyeliner looks great when it's done with a cream liner and not as harsh. I prefer it with a smokier eye. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

On a regular basis, I see the awfulness of horribly done falsh lashes. I know everybody can't afford Shu Uemura or Makeup Forever lashes (those are my favorite) but done correctly the ones from Walgreens can look nice. You have to take the apply them right and trim them to look realistic. If you don't,you'll look a tepid mess. By tepid mess, I mean this...Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I found another pic of Kimmy K to show my favorite kind of falsh lashes and those are individual. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

**Off topic, while I'm not a real fan of Kim Kardashian, just because I think celebs should have talent, but I have to give her props for hiring a great makeup artist.

1 comments:

-B said...

Mario Dedivanovic ROCKS!

I'm always watching his tutorials myself...

http://blog.makeupbymario.com/

Post a Comment